Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 2, Day 1: WIP week

Week 1 went very well as Tidepool (Gaia Organic Merino Bulky dyed by Heather of Western Sky Knits) went from this:

Photobucket

To this:

Photobucket

I did get the penultimate round of editing done on the paper sections. I need to leave it now for a day or two and return to it before working further.

I feel that week one was a success... Jackson is wearing these right now paired with a Positively Posh shirt created by Kyna.



Week two is a WIP finishing week, and the final week to edit sections 1-3.1 of Paper 1. Im excited to finally get this to my prof. It should have been finished weeks ago, but J has been sick for 3 of the past 6 weeks and I have been sick for 1 week as well. So it was kind of rough.

Knitting wise... actually there were two WIPs slated for finishing this week... first is Rivendell which actually got finished last night. All they needed was a cuff, ends woven in and an i-cord. They are blocking right now and Ill upload photos later this week

Also the ill fated linen stitch longies in Cole were slated for finishing this week. I started these back in September, and frogged them at least six times. After pulling my hair out for weeks, I finally found peace with the gusset and put them aside. Today I pulled them out again and decided after all that, they are going to be too small in the hips. They would have been tights on Jackson! I frogged them. All that pain and I frogged them. But I feel good about it and feel freed from the burden of seeing them in my knitting basket teasing me constantly.

Since the fabulous Kyna already made Jackson the most beautiful shirt to go with this yarn, this week will be devoted to reknitting them (NOT linen stitch thank you very much).

No comments:

Post a Comment