Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week 7/8

Ive been bad at posting lately, mostly because I feel like I havent gotten much accomplished. :(

Knitting :

Week 6: I took one week to finish off some final touches on some longies (icords and stitching up the cuffs and the like) and I also knitted the Kippahs for my SILs father and grandfather.

Week 7: I knitted this little bit for Monica's baby:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also needed to take some time out to do some sewing and I finished this Emmaline apron for a girlfriend:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Emmaline apron is reversible with a gathered bodice, and this was my first time sewing something like that. It came out beautifully and I was really really proud of that.

Week 8: Unfortunately, this week I have not achieved my goal of finishing a project. I casted on two. One for Josh and one for baby Helen. Oh well.

School:

I didn't accomplish a ton over the past three weeks. sad. I finalized my committee members and finished one part of the analysis for paper 2. but i didnt finish the draft writing for paper 1 yet. and im going slow. but I had a ton of grading to do and had lunch with a friend with lots of job advice.

3 comments:

  1. Your knitting and sewing are beautiful. Your detail is incredible - your eye for color, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, where is my apron, pray tell???

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know it feels overwhelming, but at least you ARE creating some beautiful stuff!! i love the baby top and the apron! way to go mama!

    ReplyDelete