Saturday, April 18, 2009

made me laugh

this was a line in a book review that made me laugh out loud (literally, not like the figurative LOL) because i think it totally sums up this blog:

"...Her book is a bit whiny and filled with too much "me generation" angst. "

The book was about a feminist trying to live a hundred lives and finally finding peace in being mom...

Editing this post to revisit this thought a bit. I am someone who normally tries not to take myself too seriously... so I think that is why this comment made me laugh. Suck it up and get the work done sort of thing.

At the same time, I don't want to belittle the struggle of academic moms, or my own struggle for that matter. These are valid and difficult problems... but I think I have tended to over think and over analyze this funk and I just need to put it behind me and move on.

PS. i knitted these:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment